Northern Railway Recruitment of Apprenticeship for 1092 posts : Last Date 31/01/2019
ONLINE applications are invited from ELIGIBLE and desirous candidates for engagement of Act Apprentices under the Apprentices Act 1961 for imparting training at various Divisions/Units/Workshops over Northern Railway. Imparting Training in Railway will not confer any right to the candidates for their absorption in Railway after successful completion of training. It shall not be obligatory on the part of the employer to offer any employment to the Apprentice on completion of period of his/her apprenticeship training in his / her establishment. It shall not be obligatory on the part of the apprentice to accept an employment under the employer.
Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit ONLINE application much before the closing date, to avoid possible inability/failure to log on to the website of RRC on account of heavy load on the internet or website jam during last days. RRC does not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their application within the last day on account of aforesaid reasons or any other reason.
Name of Post: Act Apprenticeship
No of Post: 1092 posts
Educational qualification: The candidate must have passed 10th class examination or its equivalent (under 10+2 examination system) with minimum 50% marks, in aggregate, from recognized Board and must have passed ITI in relevant trade issued by NCVT/SCVT recognized by Government of India.
Age Limit: As on 31/01/2019
1. The candidates should have completed 15 years of age and should not have completed 24 years of age as on 31-01-2019.
2. Upper age limit is relaxable by 05 years in case of SC/ST candidates, 3 years in case of OBC candidates.
3. For Persons with Disability, upper age limit is relaxed by 10 years.
4. Upper age limit is relaxable by up to additional 10 years for ex-servicemen to the extent of service rendered in Defence Forces plus 03 years provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months service at a stretch, except Ex-servicemen who have already joined the Govt. service on Civil side after availing the servicemen status for the purpose of their engagement. However, regardless of community, Ex-servicemen will be considered against the Ex-servicemen quota, if available. If UR vacancies are not available then only Ex. serviceman belonging to those particular communities where vacancies are available will be considered against the ex-servicemen quota.
5. The candidates who want to avail the benefit of reservation of SC/ST, must produce his/her Caste certificate on Central Government format issued by appropriate authority at the time of Document Verification. Similarly, the candidates who want to avail the benefit of reservation of OBC, must produce Caste certificate and Non-Creamy Layer Certificate issued on or after 01/4/2018 on Central Government format by appropriate authority.
6. The candidates who want to avail the benefit of reservation of Ex-servicemen and Armed Forces Personnel, must produce Discharge certificate and in case of children of Ex-servicemen and children of Armed Forces Personnel, they must produce discharge certificate or Armed Forces serving certificate respectively (as the case may be) of his/her parents at the time of document verification.
7. The candidates who want to avail the benefit of reservation of PH/PWD must produce PH/PWD certificate issued by competent authority under the rules.
APPLICATION FEE (NON REFUNDABLE) Rs. 100/- :
Application fee is to be paid through ONLINE MODE and RRC will not accept Application fee in Cash/ Cheque/ Money order/IPO/ Demand Draft/ Central Recruitment Fee Stamps etc. Candidate to note that RRC/NR is not responsible for incomplete or pending online application fee transaction for whatever reason. In such case candidate need to proceed with fresh/new transaction of payment of application fee. Transaction charges for online payment, if any, will be born by the candidates. On successful completion of the transaction, ereceipt with the date entered by the candidate will be generated, which should be printed and retained by the candidate. No fee is required to be paid by SC/ST/PH/Women candidates.
MODE OF SELECTION : The procedure for engagement of candidate will be as under:-
1. Screening & Scrutiny of the application.
2. Selection of Act Apprentices is to be made on the basis of merit prepared taking the average of the percentage marks obtained by the candidate in both Matriculation (with min. 50% aggregate marks) & ITI examination giving equal weight age to both. In case of two candidates having the same marks, the candidate having older age shall be preferred. In case of the Date of Birth are also same, then the candidate who passed matriculation exam earlier shall be considered first.
For the purpose of calculation of percentage of marks of SSC of candidates from Boards where grading system is applicable, RRC will take midpoint of range of grades obtained by the candidates. After obtaining midpoints of all the attempted subjects according to grades awarded, average will be calculated treating each subject is out of 100 marks, as there is no standard method or multiplying factor for calculation of average of matriculation for such Boards.
Further on few board certificates where marks obtained and total out of marks are not calculated in that case marks obtained in all the subjects as mentioned on the certificates will be taken in to the consideration for deciding the merit.
3. A final merit list will be prepared cluster, trade wise and community wise, equal to the number of slots in the descending order of percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in 10th Class & ITI.
How to Apply: Steps to be followed for filling the ONLINE Application
Click on the “Engagement of Act Apprentice” Link ONLINE Application. =>Information to Candidate (Notification) => Candidate Registration – Fill the detail i.e Name, Community, Category, Mobile No., Email ID & Date of Birth and submit. On successful registration candidate will get Password for login subsequently on given Email ID & by SMS on registered Mobile Number. => Login-“Candidate Dashboard containing update profile, Upload document, payment of Online Fee and final submission will appear”. => Update Detail, Edit if required, Pay Online Application Fee and then finally save detail. => Candidate Dashboard appears again containing Application Form, Upload Photo/Signature/Thumb Impression and Application Details/ Print. => Now click on upload Photo link in the “Candidates Dashboard” and Photograph, Signature & Thumb Impression having size 10 to 50 KB in jpg format & Save Images and upload certificates like :- Educational, Caste, PWD & Ex-SM Certificates etc. On completion candidate can take print of application & Fee payment slip for candidate purpose record only.
Enclosures to be uploaded with the Online Application:-
Applicant must upload following documents/certificates with the online application failing which application will be rejected.
a. Proof of date of birth (10th or Matric certificate).
b. Proof of Essential educational i.e. 10th pass Mark sheet & ITI trade certificate issued by NCVT/SCVT with mark sheet as the case may be prescribed for the trade.
c. In case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-SM etc Certificate in prescribed format as per Annexure available on RRC website i.e. www.rrcnr.org.